Friday, September 24, 2010

Who Am I

My schedule has been very full lately. Going back to school is much more difficult than I ever imagined, especially as I also try to keep up with all of my other perceived duties. I know that sometimes we all take on more than we should. At least I do, I have that desire to please those around me. And there is also a need to prove myself; I don’t have a college degree so I have to prove to others that I do have intelligence and capabilities. Right now I don’t have a job, so I have to prove to everyone that I am not lazy, and that I do have value.
There is so much that I feel that I have to prove to others that I have forgotten what is important to me. I have gone so long down this road of trying to please those around me. And trying to do what I was supposed to do that I am not even sure what is important to me anymore.
I wrote earlier of finding my dreams, I am still looking, but I think I am on the right path. Through my daily devotional, and opening my heart to hear God when he speaks, I know that I will find my way. And once I do get on that right path I trust that the pieces will fall into place and there will be no doubt that I am walking down the road that he intended for me to travel.

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you, Cheryl. It is so hard to not do what we think we should do and just do what God wants us to do. We think everything else will just fall apart without us. At least, I do. :) This has definitely been a year or so of changes in our home and learning to follow God's plan, not what we think is best. Who knew all the blessings were just waiting for us? Okay, God did, but we are difficult students sometimes.
    Just Keep Loving the Lord!
    Cat

    ReplyDelete