Friday, November 5, 2010

Clear Thoughts and Common Sense

“Dear friend, guard clear thinking and common sense with your life; don’t for a minute lose sight of them. They’ll keep your soul alive and well, they’ll keep you fit and attractive. Prov. 1-21 The Message


I started using The Message at the suggestion of a friend at church. It is a version of the Bible written in contemporary language and I personally gain a better understanding of what I am reading. I have always been a visual learner, I learn more by doing than by reading. So as I read this passage I thought about how I had not always followed the teachings of this scripture. And how each time I veer from the path I learn another lesson, like I said I learn by doing.
I am in the midst of a huge learning experience right now, as a matter of fact. I have learned that it would have been much easier if I had stayed in college 30 years ago rather than trying to go back now. I have learned that you cannot take back words once they have been spoken. And even if you truly meant no harm, and the person that they were directed towards never hears them. If they were said in unkindness it reflects on you more than it does of the person they were said about. And just because someone does or says something that hurts you, retaliation will only reflect on you. So we all need to think clearly and use common sense in all that we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment