Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Healing Wounds

As I read my devotional this morning I began to see myself in a new way. I see that I not only wear the pain and scars as an armor to protect me but also as a badge. Yep, I am proud of my scars and I want the world to know what I have lived through and risen above. But as long as I carry them with me I have not risen above them I am holding on and using them as an excuse when things go wrong.
I have asked for God’s forgiveness, but I have failed to forgive. I have begged for understanding, but I have not understood. I don’t like it when others don’t do as I believe they should. But I believe that it is just fine when I do or say as I want without thought to what effect it may have on someone else.
We all have scars, and we all carry pain from the past and the present and the pain that each and every one of us carries is no less important than the others. It is just different because we are different. Some may not have as many scars as others, but they were just as painful when they were inflicted. It is how we deal with them after they have started to heal is what is important. Do we continually pick at the wound and keep it from healing or do we put a salve on it and leave it alone. As a Christians we need to learn that God will provide a wonderful healing salve if we will just let him apply it. And he will heal our wounds and just like a physical wound heals better with the right care so do those deeper wounds that we carry on the inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment