Monday, November 29, 2010

Take Time for Rest

As I read my daily devotional this morning, it seemed as if the writer were speaking directly to me. In fact I think she may have been me. The topic was about not getting enough rest and not sleeping.

Lately I have been running around like mad trying to get what seems like a million things done. And I can't let anyone down so I agree to take on whatever project I am asked to do. I am trying to study for finals,yes I am in school, then there are special services at church, special services at friends churches that I want to attend, my mother wants me to help decorate, and all the while I wonder when I am going to do my own decorations and I can't forget the baking and the candy making. Do you see what I mean?

There is just not enough time to get it all done. But I also realized that even if I were given more hours in the day, I am only one person and I cannot physically do it all. In fact after going nonstop for almost two weeks, God ordered a mandatory rest period, a sinus infection that forced me to stop and rest. So now what do I do? I have lost even more time and the list did not get shorter.

I have to decide what to cross off the list, and not do. But most importantly, I have to realize that even if I don't get it all done, I am not a failure, just human. So I may not get my own Christmas tree up this year, but spending time with my mom decorating at her house will be much more enjoyable and memorable.

So don't wish for more time, because having more hours in the day would only prove to make you more exhausted. Do what you can and the rest will work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment